Massage therapy is a beautiful and relaxing type of treatment in which a trained and certified medical professional manipulates the soft tissues of Your body — muscle, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and skin — using varying degrees of pressure and movement.
Generally, massage is delivered to improve the flow of blood and lymph (fluid in lymph glands, part of the immune system), to reduce muscular tension or flaccidity, to affect the nervous system through stimulation or sedation, and to enhance tissue healing. Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension.
Therapeutic massage may be recommended for people in the following situations:
- Relieving muscle spasms
- Increasing joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
- Increasing ease and efficiency of movement
- Relieving points of tension and overall stress; inducing relaxation
- Promoting deeper and easier breathing
- Improving blood circulation and movement of lymph
- Relieving tension-related headaches and eyestrain, etc
Massage Therapies offered
- Therapeutic back, shoulders and arms massage – 30 min – €35
- Therapeutic Full body massage – 60 min – €65
- Hand and feet massage – 30 min – €35
- Reflexology – 30 min – €35
- Sports recovery massage – 30 min – €35
Massage therapies are offered at the Fermoy Community Youth centre in Fermoy, County Cork or you have the option of a house call at an additional extra cost of €15 for a radius of 15 km from Fermoy. Advance booking is a must.
I am Sergejs Marmilovs and most people just calls me Milo and I believe in the power of alternative therapies and natural medicine with the focus on wellness for mind, body, and soul. Life has become more rushed and everyone is looking for a quick fix. That’s half the problem people are facing in life. As quick fixes have long term repercussions with sometimes huge negative side effects.
My approach is hands-on and I make use of my skills, experience with deep knowlage and understanding of the human body, energy exchange and energy medicine in my massage therapy sessions.
My massage therapy sessions are focused on getting to the root of the problem. As an Industrial Psychologist, complementary and alternative practitioner I use my empathetic, non-judgemental approach to enables us to openly explore and make sense of your issues and together we find long-term solution. My goal is to inspire, motivate and bring relief you so you can enjoy life a little easier and more relaxed. I have had great success with my approach to massage therapy and is happy to help you on your way forward in life.
- PhD of Industrial Psychology
- M.S.c Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Full Spectrum therapist
- Stress and anxiety relief therapist
- Relationship and sex therapist
- Usui Reiki Master Trainer
- Massage therapist
- Kundalini Yoga teacher
- Vinyasa Yoga teacher
- Yin Yoga teacher